The main objectives of the Niš Society of Economists are:
1. The development and popularization of economic science and profession;
2. Activities aimed at improvement the quality of corporate and public governance;
3. Activities aimed at improvement of the economic system, regulatory and economic policy;
4. Activities to improve competitiveness;
5. The affirmation of ethical behavior in economic decision-making.
In order to achieve its goals, the Niš Society of Economists developed the following activities:
- Organization of scientific meetings, conferences, seminars, round tables and thematic meetings;
- Publishing activity;
- The transfer of knowledge through education and training;
- Cooperation with higher education institutions;
- Cooperation with similar organizations in domestic country and abroad.
The main objectives of the Society of Economists are realized by:
- Participating in the work of the Serbian Association of Economists
- Cooperation with similar organizations at domestic country and abroad
- Organizing scientific and technical meetings, conferences, debates, round tables, etc. in the field of improvement of economic science, art and practice
- Cooperation with scientific and educational institutions, regulatory bodies, government authorities and other organizations in the country and abroad
- Joining the international organizations is registered in accordance with the law.
THE NIŠ ECONOMIC FORUM CLOSED
The traditional Niš Economic Forum, organized by the Economic Association of Niš, was held and as of this year the conference bears the title of a BUSINESS FORUM. The topic of the forum was “KNOWLEDGE-BASED ECONOMY”. The convention took place on 25th March, 2022 at the Science and Technology Park in Niš as part of the Forum of Advanced Technologies 2022. The opening of the business forum saw the addresses of Professor Boban Stojanović, President of the Economic Association of Niš, Boban Matić, Director of the Niš branch of the National Employment Agency, Dr Milan Ranđelović, Director of the Science and Technology Park in Niš, and Dragijana Radonjić Petrović, who greeted the attendants on behalf of the Serbian Association of Economists and gave the introductory speech.
This convention attracted significant attention of the scientific and professional circles, as well as of the media. This is also supported by the number of attendants in the conference hall of the Science and Technology Park in Niš, and by the number of those who livestreamed the convention on a designated You Tube channel. According to the impressions of the event’s participants, it was well-organized, and the work there was very successful. The Economic Association extends its gratitude to the Office for Local Economic Development and Projects of the City of Niš for substantial help in organizing this convention, as well as to all the partners of the Forum of Advanced Technologies.